Saturday

Mexican Chicken....

at 3pm today I realized "OMGoodness, I haven't started dinner in any form or fashion." I quickly thawed out some chicken breasts in cold water. (The freezer version is below).

4 chicken breasts, thawed
1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
1 small can of Rotel (you could use diced tomatoes if you wanted to, won't be as flavorful)
1 tsp. of Southwest Seasoning (I used Pampered Chef)

In a skillet brown chicken breasts with a little salt and papper.

Layer black beans in the bottom of your crock pot. Sprinkle some garlic powder (about 1/8 tsp.). Layer browned chicken breasts on top. Top all with Rotel and sprinkle with Southwest Seasoning.

Put lid on and cook on high 2 1/2 - 3 hours, until chicken is down.

I found some Spanish rice in the pantry, quickly cooked that up. I topped the chicken with some shredded cheese and tortilla strips I picked up in a clearance section of Aldi recently...viola! Dinner is served to the family at 5:30pm! (Note: my family is a huge fan of black olives, sour cream and guac, so I would suggest top with your favorite toppings of choice).

From Drop Box

FREEZER VERSION
In a gallon size zip loc baggie, place chicken breats, a can of (drained and rinsed) black beans, one small can of rotel, freeze flat. Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Pour into a baking dish top with some Southwest Seasoning (1/4-1/2 tsp. of seasoning, to taste). Top with sprinkled cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes until chicken is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment