Thursday

Quiche in a bag

I purchased a cookbook from a Mom's group I used to belong too and am really enjoying the recipes it has to offer! I recently discovered the author of many of the recipes is "Freezer Frenzy"....aka a freezer meal group w/in the group (missed that one I guess). I made a few things to put in my own freezer and thought to share some of these from time to time!

As for the freezer meal preparation I have to say it's going AMAZING!!! This week has been so less stressful for our family. Last night I even had a meeting at 5:30pm and D walked in the house with the kids at 5:40pm to a meal ready in the oven (that I cooked from a freezer prep) and fed the kids. He said "it was so simple!" YEAH! It's working and hopefully our budget will reflect such in the weeks to come! Home cooked=less expensive than eating out!

I thought this would be a GREAT recipe to make, put in your freezer and save for those mornings you have company, or the morning you just need a special "treat" for you or your family!

*A follower of the blog asked me to include a shopping list. I will do with the ingredient list, acknowledging many items you probably already have in your pantry! Hope that helps N!


QUICHE IN A BAG
Shopping list:
diced ham (leftover after the holidays would be good too)
*i think cooked sausage would work too for a variation
mushrooms
green/red pepper
*you could really use ANY vege you have and need to use up (or none at all if that is not your thing)
shredded cheese
eggs
milk
flour
baking powder


Assembly instructions for make ahead freezer meal:
In a gallon zip loc bag combine
1 c. diced ham
3/4 c. of veggies of choice
1 c. shredded cheese
1/4 c. diced onion

With a mixer combine:
2 c. milk
4 eggs
1/8 Tabsaco (optional)
1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
Pour into bag with meat/veg mixture.

FREEZE!

Cooking day:
Thaw in the fridge overnight. Shake bag well and pour into sprayed or greased deep dish pie plate or quiche pan. Sprinkle with paprika, if desired. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes, until lightly browned on top and well set in the center. Cool about 5 minutes before serving!

Enjoy with fresh fruit and a cup of coffee! VIOLA!

No comments:

Post a Comment