Wednesday

What is in your pantry?

In preparation for the PANTRY challenge, I did manage to make a meal 100% from my pantry tonight and if I do so say myself it was good :)

Ingredients:
Lipton Rice packet/Spanish Rice
One chicken breast, pounded to 1/4" thickness
can of rotel/we used mexican rotel
can of sliced black olives
shredded cheese and salsa

I prepared the rice per the package, lessing the water a little in order to replace it with the rotel. Prepared rice. Sauteed chicken breast with salt and pepper in skillet. When rice was done tossed with diced chicken breast.

Served on a plate topped with cheese, black olives and salsa. I found some tortilla crispy strips in my pantry and used those too...it was our own arroz con pollo! It was good!! The rotel gave it a nice twist! Easy vegetarian meal to if you leave out the chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment