Tuesday

Mom's Meatloaf

Meatloaf is such a personal preference but have to say my Mom's ROCKS!  I made it for a freezer swap a few years ago and was repeatedly asked for the recipe!  I was shocked to learn you can buy meatloaf seasoning in a packet?!  WHAT?!  My mom's is great and ready to go in our oven for tonight and rarely requires any emergency trips to the store for the 'packet', unless I am out of say ketchup, which is a SIN in our house and usually have 2-4 bottles ready in waiting!

Mom's Meatloaf
1 1/2-2# ground beef
1/2 onion, diced fine (been known to use minced/dried onions if I am out too)
2 eggs, beaten
1 c. breadcrumbs
1/2 c. ketchup
salt and pepper to your taste, I have been known to throw in some garlic powder on occasion

Mix all the above in a bowl, put in a meatloaf/bread pan...we have a cool one my husband got off some QVC like show like this one:  https://www.perfectmeatloaf.com/?MID=1336564&gclid=CILuhZ3657ECFcqc7QodiSoA9Q and have to say while I laughed at the purchase it really has been remarkable!

Bake at 350 for 1- 1 1/2 hours...viola!

It is SO good!!!!!!!

Make two and freeze one mixed (flat) in a gallon size baggie for later!  I can honestly say I usually have 1-2 of these in the freezer for a quick thaw, dump and bake.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Seriously? There is a packet for meatloaf? I had no clue. Great blog, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete