Tuesday

Let's skip the freezer and use the pantry....

..Last night in the midst of my panic of WHAT'S FOR DINNER?!... (I had just spent $200 at the commissary but bought nothing pre-prepared and hadn't pulled anything from the freezer)....I asked my 3 year old "What are you hungry for?" (saying a silent prayer is somehow included french fries or a dinner out) but J promptly said "Tostados mommy!" So we took the shells (I love the ones from Aldi) out of the pantry, opened a can of refried beans, heated them and then pulled out a small can of black olives, a bag of cheese, sour cream, guac and some salsa...viola! Dinner is served! Needless to say the menu for the remainder of the week is planned and on the fridge for planning purposes!

So a vegetarian (all from the pantry) meal...that was healthy (it didn't include french fries..DARN!--pregnant mommy CRAVES french fries), quick and all from the pantry and fridge! Viola! Dinner is served!

No comments:

Post a Comment